Alpha Chem Polyurethane Wood Adhesive 30 Minute 300ml
Alpha Chem 30min Cartridge Polyurethane Wood Adhesive professional quality one part moisture curing thixotropic wood adhesives with rapid 5 minute setting properties.
Polyurethane Wood Adhesive 30 min is a high quality, solvent free, polyurethane wood bonding adhesive, suitable for a wide range of internal and external applications where a rapid cure rate is required.
This D4 Water resistant adhesive bonds all common wood types hard, soft, exotic, painted wood, polystyrene, PU foam metal and glass wool and various plastics including PVC.
Also adhere to stone, concrete, brick and masonry.
Fully waterproof to EN 204 D4 with excellent weathering and aging properties, and is also resistant to chemicals and temperatures within the range of -30 to +100 degree C.
- Fast setting 30 minutes with exceptional bond strength to wood and most common building surfaces.
- Internal and external use excellent weathering and aging properties.
- Fully water proof to EN204 D4, including sea water, with excellent Chemical Resistance.
- Products foam slightly on application to fill small gaps and increase overall bond strength.
- Opaque in colour with exceptional bond strength.
- Simple to use ensure nozzle is tight on the tube when reusing replace nozzle a loose or leaking nozzle will not seal the tube for storage or use a resealable nozzle
Areas For Use
- Professional assembly applications.
- General wood jointing and construction work.
- Suitable for a wide range of internal and external applications.
- Window and door frame manufacturing.
- Door and furniture manufacturing.
- Bonding wood to a wide range of substrates including all types of timber even engineered timber and wood laminating even on most metals.
- Boat building.
- Construction of staircases and ladders.
- As a high quality insulation adhesive for foam glass wool fibre boarding.
- when bonding none porous surfaces such as metal one surface must be porous.
How to use Alpha Chem Polyurethane 30 min Adhesive
- Ensure surfaces to be bonded are clean, sound, dry and free from dust, grease or other contaminants which could harm the bonding process.
- If the substrates need to be cleaned use methylethylketone (MEK) or acetone, make sure to check their compatibility with the substrates first.
- Cut thread and then the nozzle to the required size and apply with a good quality sealant gun, wearing gloves.
- Dampen substrates before application taking care not to over wet.
- Apply the adhesive to one surface only.
- Assemble the substrates and place even pressure within 30 minutes of adhesive application.
- Clamp until the adhesive is sufficiently cured to permit handling of the bonded item approximately 5 minutes.
- Uncured material can be cleaned off with Alpha Chem Grafters All Trades Wipes.
- After curing has taken place carefully use a sharp knife to trim back excess material.
One of the substrates to be bonded must be porous permeable.
Read the label prior to use for essential health and safety information, Safety Data Sheet available to download in pdf form.
Generally Pu adhesives are not used to install Formica as the adhesive is an expanding adhesive and is intended for clamped or captured joints.
It is the user’s responsibility to ensure suitability for use.
Also Available in faster Alpha Chem 5 minute 300ml Polyurethane Adhesive