Aquaseal Wet Room Waterproof Tanking Corner Tape 10 Meters
Aquaseal Wet Room Waterproof Tanking Corner Tape 10 meters
Product Option: aqwrstape10
Aquaseal Tanking Tape 10 Meters
Self adhesive butyl backed fleece tape mat
Designed to provide a waterproof seal prior to tiling on board joints, corner joints and pipe entries in shower areas, wet rooms, wet zones and anywhere where a watertight seal to a corner, gap or crack.
Can be tiled straight onto areas that are waterproof i.e. wet room boards & surfaces that have been treated with Aquaseal Tanking Membrane,
The unique butyl fleece provides cross directional stability to accommodate board movements occurring in different directions at the same time, essential to provide a permanent watertight seal.
Benefits & Areas of Use
- Permanently flexible butyl backed fleece with cross directional stability
- Easy to apply with pre-cut release liner
- Available as a larger size square Drain Mat for standalone showers.
- For showers, wet rooms and wet zones in bathrooms
- For waterproofing before tiling
- Use on all board joints, corners & pipe entries
- Can be tiled directly or over coated with Aquaseal Tanking Membrane for full wet zones
- Do not use on timber or boards treated with spirit or stearate based coatings
- Do not use in areas subject to high temperatures
All surfaces must be clean sound and dust free.
On timber and plaster based boards and porous substrates prime using Aquaseal Tanking Primer and allow to dry before applying. Remove the release liner progressively as the tape is applied, smoothing down with a small roller a seam roller is ideal, Take care to avoid rucks in the tape.
The liner is pre-cut along the length to allow one side of a corner to be applied and smoothed prior to repeating the process on the other side of the corner. Ensure the tape is pressed carefully into the corner before sticking the other side down to avoid stress on the tape in the corners. When joining the tape, and on internal corners, ensure the tape is over-lapped by at least 50mm onto the next piece.
The tape can be over coated with Aquaseal Waterproof Tanking Membrane immediately after application. On internal corners ensure the tape overlaps on both sides to avoid a weak spot in the centre of the internal corner.