Everbuild Sealant Polyethylene Backer Rod 10mm X 1150m Roll
Everbuild Sealant Polyethylene Backer Rod 10mm x 1150m Roll
Everbuild Sealant Polyethylene Backer Rod 10mm x 1150m roll
Product option: 10mm x 1150m roll
Box of 10mm Non absorbent compressible grey closed cell polyethylene foam backup material.
Insert into a joint to control sealant depth & create a backstop to allow proper Depth of sealant ready for tooling,
Normal joint requirement 2 wide to 1 deep but check with silicone sealant litrature
- General Purpose Sealant backing
- Together with Self-leveling sealant
- Expansion joints
- Irregular joints
- Metal and pre-cast panels
- Around perimeters of door and window frames,
- Coping and glazing joints
- Log Homes
- Draft Proofing & Acoustic Work.
- Box of 10mm Round polyethylene foam joint filler and backing for sealants and acoustic applications
- Compresses easily for accommodating joints of varying widths.
- Does not stick to sealants.
- Non-stick closed cell skin.
- High moisture resistance.
- Compatible with all know types of sealants
- Controls depth of the sealant in proper relation to joint width
- Provides backing against which the sealant is applied, forcing the sealant to the sides of the joint
- Prevents 3-sided bonding, ensuring proper function of sealant
Choosing the correct size:
Select a backer-rod diameter that is approximately 15 to 25% larger than the width of the joint to give a firm base.